How do I adjust my volume and make sure it's not muted?
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
The easiest way to check your volume settings is by opening the Windows Volume Control Panel. Some of the windows and options may differ depending on your sound card and audio software. If you need further assistance, please check the available support from your computer's or sound card's manufacturer.
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Open "Sounds and Audio Devices".
- Under the Volume tab, move the slider to adjust the Device or System volume.
- Click the Advanced button in the Device volume section. You will now see the Volume Control window. This may look somewhat different or have a different title depending on your audio software.
- Move the slider for Volume Control up and down.
- Verify that the Mute all checkbox is unchecked.
- Check your SW Synth or MIDI Synth channel and adjust the volume level.
- Make sure the SW Synth or MIDI Synth Mute checkbox is not checked.
- Close the windows.